Abstract:As a common power system, diesel engines are widely used in various mechanical equipment, including agriculture and manufacturing. Although the life of diesel engines is longer than that of gasoline engines, diesel engines will also have various failures during use. It has to be said that the cost of maintenance and maintenance of diesel engines is higher, the most important of which is its higher requirements for batteries, nanofilters, injectors, and turbochargers, and the cost is more expensive. This article will introduce the causes and solutions of diesel engine failures to help readers better understand and cope with common problems of diesel engines.
First, the cause of the failure
Diesel engine failure is usually caused by a variety of factors, including mechanical failure, fuel system failure, lubrication system failure, etc. Here are some common causes of failure:
- Mechanical failure: the parts of the diesel engine wear, deformation, fracture, etc., may cause the engine to fail to work normally.
- Fuel system failure: fuel filter blockage,fuel injectorfailure, fuel pump failure, etc., may lead to the engine not supplying oil normally, thus affecting the normal operation of the engine. Fuel filter blockage may be due to the long-term failure to replace the filter element or the long-term use of low-quality gasoline. When the fuel filter is blocked, the fuel flow is blocked and the engine may not get enough fuel, resulting in a loss of power or stalling.
Fuel injector failure can also cause the engine to fail to supply fuel properly. The injector is a key component in the fuel injection system, which is responsible for injecting fuel into the combustion chamber of the engine. If the injector fails, the engine may not get the right amount of fuel, affecting engine performance.
Fuel pump failure is another failure that can cause an engine to fail to supply fuel properly. The function of the fuel pump is to extract fuel from the tank and deliver it to the engine. If the fuel pump fails, fuel may not flow smoothly to the engine, resulting in engine power loss or stalling.
- Lubrication system failure: insufficient oil, poor oil quality, oil pump failure, etc., may lead to poor engine lubrication, thus affecting the normal operation of the engine.
- Circuit system failure: Circuit system failure may cause the diesel engine to fail to start normally or run stably.
Second, the solution
For the above reasons, we can take the following solutions:
- Mechanical failure maintenance: For mechanical failure, it is necessary to carefully check the engine components, such as crankshaft, connecting rod, piston, valve, etc., and replace or repair the problem in time. At the same time, the engine is regularly maintained and checked to ensure its normal operation.
- Fuel system maintenance: Regularly clean fuel filters, fuel injectors, and other components to ensure unimpeded fuel supply. It should be noted here that the diesel engine needs a nano-filter to ensure a thorough cleaning. If the fuel pump is found to be faulty, it should be replaced in time with a good-quality fuel pump. At the same time, adjust the fuel injection to ensure that the diesel engine gets enough fuel supply.
- Lubrication system maintenance: check the oil level regularly to ensure adequate oil. At the same time, choose good quality oil and replace it regularly. If the oil pump is found to be faulty, it should be replaced in time. In addition, other lubrication system components should be checked, such as oil pan, oil filter, etc., to ensure the normal operation of the lubrication system.
- Circuit system maintenance: Check whether the circuit system components are working normally, such as ignition coils, spark plugs, etc. If a fault is found, it should be replaced or repaired in time. At the same time, check the battery power to ensure that the power supply is normal.
Response to environmental factors: in bad weather and the environment, appropriate protective measures should be taken, such as increasing insulation measures, adjusting operating parameters, etc., to ensure the normal operation of diesel engines.
When servicing a diesel engine, the following points need to be noted:
- Ensure that the maintenance operation complies with safety specifications to avoid safety accidents.
- Read the manual and operation manual carefully before maintenance, and follow the correct maintenance steps and methods.
- When replacing parts, qualified products produced by regular manufacturers should be selected to ensure the quality of maintenance.
- When removing and installing components, pay attention to the installation position and direction of the components to ensure that they are correct.
- Make maintenance records, record maintenance time, maintenance content, replacement parts, and other information for future reference and use.
In short, the fault maintenance of diesel engines needs to consider a variety of factors, including machinery, fuel, lubrication, circuits, and the environment. In the maintenance process, attention should be paid to safety norms and operating procedures, and qualified products produced by regular manufacturers should be selected to ensure the quality of maintenance. At the same time, make maintenance records for future reference and use. I hope this article can provide readers with some help and suggestions on diesel engine fault maintenance. If you still have questions about the fault repair of the diesel engine, you can contact us, of course, we can also provide you with quality guaranteed diesel engine parts.